Monday, September 19, 2011

Something special...

It is not too often that I go down to the Washington Design Center.  Two, maybe three times a year I have reason to go.  In part it is because I have so many of the same resources in my own library, and also the reps will send me anything I need without having to take the day to drive down.  That being said I had need to go today.  My Fabricut (Vervain/S Harris/Stroheim and Romann/Trend/etc) rep Judy was pulling a few things for a very special project I'm working on and I went down to pull a few things myself.  I will probably post most of the work on one of my other blogs (http://formaltraditional.blogspot.com/) but I thought some of these were so nice that I would share them with everyone on this list. 

Now I know these pieces aren't to everyone's taste (and really what is), but imagine them in a very Formal and Traditional French setting.  Not Provence (country French) more Versailles.  If you really want to treat look up my post on the other blog on Aaron Radlow's Pierre Gole tables. 
Click it.
You really should see
 these up close.

These are from my good friends at Fortuny.

Upholstery?
From a 19th century document.

These are from a different showroom, if they object I will take them down.
Can't imagine that they will want me not to show this to all of you though.

No comments:

Post a Comment