Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A day's work...

 I had an unexpected opening today and got to tag along with the installer to one of my favorite client's houses.  Mrs L. is an artist and her beautiful designs grace many of the pieces in her home.  I have been lucky enough to work with her and have done some upholstery, bedding, table linens and window treatments.  Here is a bit of our collaboration.


One of the first pieces I did for her this chair has been reupholstered in a herringbone boucle by Robert Allen.


 Above is a Roman shade in a Duralee silk.


Here is a Roman shade in a Kravet linen with a Beacon Hill banding. 


Another Kravet linen drapes beautifully on the dining room table.  The duppioni drapes will likely be our next project.


The guest bedroom in the basement is very hard to photograph.  This headboard will have a matching roman shade with the same banding in the next few weeks.  The tailored dust ruffle with the inset band I think turned out particularly nicely.


Once again I apologize for the photo quality.  These doors are upholstered in a Beacon Hill fabric and are truly spectacular.



And because I couldn't resist here is a sample of her work.  Absolutely gorgeous!  She can come paint my furniture any time.

I have a few more pictures that I would like to add, but they have not downloaded yet and I am itching to post this.  If you would like to see them feel free to comment or e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment